Faith Driven Entrepreneur: What It Takes to Step Into Your Purpose and Pursue Your God-Given Call to Create
“I’m excited about Faith Driven Entrepreneur. Anyone who is following the example of their creator God can find echoes of their work in this book.” —Lecrae
Entrepreneurship can be a lonely journey. But it doesn’t need to be. God has a purpose and a plan for all those entrepreneurial dreams and creative gifts he gave you.
The work you do today—the company you’ve built, the employees you work with, the customers you serve, the shareholders you report to, all of it—serves as an active part of what God wants to accomplish on earth.
You are not alone in this journey. Join other faith-driven entrepreneurs as, together, we
- identify the values, habits, and traits that empower us to successfully build businesses, serve our communities, and faithfully pursue a loving relationship with God;
- read stories that exemplify how those values, habits, and traits unfold in everyday life; and
- discover the potential God wants to unleash through our work.
Each book purchase includes access to the eight-session Faith Driven Entrepreneur video series, a discussion guide to encourage conversation among peers, and an invitation to join a Faith Driven Entrepreneur Group to meet other like-minded entrepreneurs.
As an entrepreneur who feels deeply called to the marketplace, I am grateful for the experience and wisdom shared in this book around generosity, identity, and the unique challenges and opportunities of using business as a way to bring justice, equality, mercy, and dignity to earth as it is in heaven.
– Liz Forkin Bohannon, cofounder and CEO of Sseko Designs and author of Beginner’s Pluck: Build Your Life of Purpose and Impact Now
I was very sincere in my intent to create a faith-driven company—but the outcome was lukewarm at best. I know had I read Faith Driven Entrepreneur I would have, with new knowledge, fully accomplished my vision. This is a must-read for the believing entrepreneur!
– Horst Schulze, former president of the Ritz-Carlton
Christians know that their work is a part of their worship. But the how hasn’t always been as clear. Faith Driven Entrepreneur will give you practical, actionable ways to build on your faith and integrate it into how you lead, launch, and grow your business.
– Sanyin Siang, leadership coach, executive director for the Coach K Center on Leadership & Ethics at Duke University, and author of The Launch Book
Faith-driven entrepreneurship is an ancient-future proposition. From the time Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob lived as entrepreneurs on a faith adventure up to the present era, it’s a historical norm for God to work with people in the midst of the marketplace. Our world is groaning for the gospel, and business leaders following Jesus are poised for radical impact. This book needs to be read by every Christian businessperson, student, investor, and pastor. Let’s go!
– Mike Sharrow, CEO of C12 Group
The top can be a lonely place, but Faith Driven Entrepreneur is a reminder that there are cofounders and CEOs all around the world working to faithfully serve God in the way they lead their businesses. I’m striving to be one of those leaders, and I invite anyone who reads this book to join me.
– Anthony Tan, CEO of Grab
There are so many entrepreneurs in the world who haven’t yet experienced the joy, freedom, and missional possibility of deeply connecting their work to their faith. Henry has pursued and lived out this integrated life and is now on a mission with J. D. and Chip to help thousands more through this book. Read it and you will no doubt be encouraged in your own journey.
– Dave Blanchard, cofounder and CEO of Praxis
In 2008 in Charlotte, North Carolina, I felt very alone and very unsure of how to start a bank that sought to love God and love people. In Faith Driven Entrepreneur, Henry, J. D., and Chip do a wonderful job describing how God is moving around the globe. Entrepreneurship is the key to unleashing the next generation of Christ-followers who are seeking to love God and love people. In this book, you’ll find out why and how. My only complaint is that it was not available to guide me on my journey a decade ago!
– Casey Crawford, CEO of Movement Mortgage
If you feel that starting a business can’t be a part of God’s plan for your life, think again. Faith Driven Entrepreneur is a book by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs that invites all business owners—from the billion-dollar company to the street-corner store—to be a part of God’s witness on earth.
– Dr. Brian Fikkert, founder and president of the Chalmers Center at Covenant College and coauthor of When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty without Hurting the Poor . . . and Yourself