Blood is throughout Scripture, but what does Christ’s blood mean to us?
Redemption in the Blood of Jesus
His blood redeems us. There was a price against us that we could not pay, but the blood of Jesus redeemed us. First Peter 1:18-19 says, “For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.”
Fellowship in the Blood of Jesus
His blood brings us into fellowship with God. According to Ephesians 2:13, “But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.” Without the blood of Christ, man is a long way from God.
Peace in the Blood of Jesus
His blood makes peace with God. Man, by nature, is at war with God; and we can only come to God on His peace terms—the blood atonement. The Bible says in Colossians 1:20, “And, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself …”
Cleansing in the Blood of Jesus
His blood cleanses. Not only does it remove the punishment of sin, it removes the pollution. I don’t care what sin you’ve committed; “the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).
Power in the Blood of Jesus
His blood gives power over the devil. It’s the blood that Satan fears. Revelation 12:11 says, “And they overcame him [Satan] by the blood of the Lamb …” The devil doesn’t want you to learn about the blood. He hates it!
Benefits of the Blood of Jesus Christ
- We are saved from wrath by His blood. Make no mistake about it, the wrath of God is forthcoming upon all who are not covered and sealed by the blood of Christ.
Romans 1:18 – “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness.”
2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 – “In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power.”
Matthew 25:41 – “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.”
It’s only by the blood of “the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world” (John 1:29) that any will be spared from the wrath to come.
Romans 5:9 – “Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be SAVED FROM WRATH THROUGH HIM.”
Outside of Christ’s shed blood “it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God” (Hebrews 10:31).
It is only those who have placed their faith in the propitiatory blood of the Lamb who will be spared the wrath to come.
Romans 3:25 – “Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation THROUGH FAITH in HIS BLOOD, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.”
- We are cleansed and forgiven by His blood. As we expose ourselves to God, Who is pure light, as a sinner in need of cleansing, His blood completely washes us of all our sins. “Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool” (Isaiah 1:18).
1 John 1:7 – “If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.” Walking in the light doesn’t mean we are walking in perfect righteousness, it’s walking in the light of His exposure, not hiding anything from God.
John 1:29 – Praise God for the cleansing power inherent in “the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”
Micah 7:19 – “He will turn again, He will have compassion upon us; He will subdue our iniquities; and Thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.”
Psalm 103:12 – “As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions from us.”
Psalm 103:2-3 – “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities.”
- We are justified by His blood. When you accept Jesus as Lord, His blood immediately cleanses you of your sins. God looks at you through Jesus’ righteous blood and sees only His righteousness. You become the rightousness of God in Jesus.
Romans 5:9 – “Much more then, being now JUSTIFIED by HIS BLOOD, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.”
2 Corinthians 5:21 – “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.”
God looks at you through Jesus’ blood and no longer sees your sin, but only Jesus’ perfect righteousness. He sees you just as if you had never sinned. You have been JUSTIFIED by HIS BLOOD!
- We are reconciled through His blood. We were at enmity with God prior to Jesus. We were God’s enemy. We were actually at war with Him. The Bible says that before Christ we “were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and WITHOUT GOD in the world (Ephesians 2:12). Thank God for the reconciliatory virtue and power of Jesus’ blood!
Colossians 1:20 – “Having made peace through THE BLOOD of HIS CROSS, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself.”
Romans 5:9-11 – “Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. For if, when we were enemies, we were RECONCILED to GOD by the death of His Son, much more, BEING RECONCILED, we shall be saved by His life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by Whom WE HAVE NOW RECEIVED the RECONCILIATION.”
1 Peter 3:18 – “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit.”
1 John 1:3 – “That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that you also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ.”
2 Corinthians 5:18-19 – “All things are of God, Who hath reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ… To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them.”
Ephesians 2:13-17 – “But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are MADE NIGH by THE BLOOD of CHRIST. For He is our peace, Who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that He might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.”
- We are redeemed through His blood. We’ve been redeemed! Redemption means to buy back. We were sold into slavery to sin under Satan’s control. When Jesus shed His blood for our sins we were set free from the power of sin. You were purchased by the blood of Jesus. You belong to Him now.
Ephesians 1:7 – “In Whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.”
Colossians 1:13 – “He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son.”
John 8:36 – “If the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.”
- We have deliverance through His blood. Redemption can also be translated as deliverance which was purchased through Jesus’ precious blood. There is delivering power in the blood of Jesus! It was the blood of a lamb that bought Israel’s deliverance out of Egypt. Plead the blood of Jesus over your situation, stand in faith, and praise Him for your deliverance until it is manifested.
Luke 4:18-19 – “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor. He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed. To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”
Revelation 12:11 – “They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb.”
Romans 11:26 – “As it is written, there shall come out of Zion the Deliverer.”
- We have abundance through His blood. When Israel left Egypt, the angel of death passed over all who applied the blood to their door posts. Not only were they delivered from death and the bondage of Pharaoh, they left Egypt with their goods and riches. Whatever you may be facing, claim the delivering power of His blood in your situation. You can also claim His abundance.
Exodus 12:35-36 – “The Israelites did as Moses instructed and asked the Egyptians for articles of silver and gold and for clothing. The Lord had made the Egyptians favorably disposed toward the people, and they gave them what they asked for, so they plundered the Egyptians.”
John 10:10 – “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”
2 Corinthians 9:8 – “God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have abundance for every good work.”
Proverbs 13:22 – “A sinner’s wealth is stored up for the righteous.”
Isaiah 60:5 – “The wealth on the seas will be brought to you, to you the riches of the nations will come.”
Proverbs 10:22 – “It is the blessing of the Lord that makes rich.”
Deuteronomy 8:18 – “It is He who gives you power to get wealth.”
Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Psalm 35:27 – “Let the Lord be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.”
- Life is imparted through His blood. Our life is in His blood. Stop allowing things to beat you down. Claim the life He purchased for you on Calvary.
Leviticus 17:11 – “The life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.”
John 10:10 – “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”
Isaiah 60:5 – “Then you will look and be radiant, your heart will throb and swell with joy.”
Isaiah 35:10 – “Those the Lord has rescued will return. They will enter Zion with singing. Everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.”
1 John 1:4 – “And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.”
- We have victory through His blood. Revelation 12:11 contains a three-step process to victory. The first is the blood of the Lamb. This verse is referring to believers in the tribulation period when evil is unleashed. If they are victorious in the great tribulation period, under the reign of the Antichrist, surely we can expect victory in our life and situation. Let’s claim the victory purchased for on Calvary’s hill!
Revelation 12:11 – “They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony and they loved not their lives unto the death.”
2 Corinthians 1:20 – “For all the promises of God in Him are yes and Amen unto the glory of God by us.”
Romans 8:31 – “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?”
Romans 8:37 – “In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.”
1 John 4:4 – “You are of God, little children, and have overcome them because greater is He that is in you, than He that is in the world.”
1 John 5:4 – “For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith.”
Psalm 68:1 – “Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered.”
- Access was purchased with His blood. We were separated from God because of sin. Access is right of entry through the favor of another. Because of Jesus’ shed blood, the veil that kept man out of the presence of God was ripped in half providing access to all. All who come to God through the blood of Jesus have right of entry into His presence. Let’s take advantage of this divine privilege purchased for us at such a great price. We have right of access into the throne room of heaven by the blood of Jesus!
Romans 5:2 – “By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.”
Hebrews 10:19-22 – “Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holy place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith.”
- We have health and healing through His blood. When Jesus shed His blood He became our Passover Lamb. We must apply His blood to the door posts of our hearts and claim the healing provided through His atoning blood. The atonement brings spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental healing.
Isaiah 53:3-5 – “He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from Him; He was despised, and we esteemed Him not. Surely He has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. He was wounded for our transgressions; He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and With His stripes we are healed.”
Exodus 15:26 – “I will put none of the diseases on you which I have put on the Egyptians (the world) for I, the Lord, am your healer.”
- The blood of Jesus reverses every curse. There is power in the blood of Jesus to break every curse on our life. The seven places Jesus shed His blood has the power to reverse curses of every kind and restore the blessing of God in our lives. The only condition is that we apply His blood to the doorposts of our heart and press forward in faith.
Before this planet was ever swung into space, God had determined in His heart that He would send His Son to die upon the cross. How wonderful it is to trace the scarlet thread of the blood of Christ woven throughout the Bible! How much more wonderful to experience its redemption personally. Praise God for the blood of His Lamb!
Prayer: Lord Jesus, forgive me for not applying the benefits of your blood to my life. Help me stand in faith and apply these benefits to every situation. In Jesus name, Amen!
Article by Unknown writer & Dr. Gary Linton
Excerpt edited by Temi Tope
Source: www.Christianity.com & www.Ministrymaker.com
If you found this post helpful, we would be honored if you would share it.
If you are NEW HERE, please check out our about-circ-blog/ page and read to know a little more about CIRC BLOG.
If you are interested in submitting soul nurturing articles or books for all of us to benefit from, please contact CIRC BLOG Admin via email@example.com
Are you willing to share with us on how we can improve or having a problem on the site or a post, please contact CIRC BLOG Admin via firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for reading, sharing, and being a part of CIRC BLOG!